Excellent news! We’re looking for the next class of Firehouse interns. Even more excellent news! That could very well be you. Our 10-week internship program starts June 1st, and, this year, we’re looking for our starry-eyed newbies to serve as Account Planning & Graphic Design/Art Direction interns.
Résumés and portfolios are great and will become vital as you further your career. But we’re more interested in you. What drives you, what excites you, and what makes you the very best candidate? To help answer those questions, we structure the application process slightly differently than others. We’ll get to that shortly. In the meantime, here are some position-specific requirements.
- Secret investigative skills that help you dig for information on any given category/product/consumer segment
- Ability to translate data into a compelling story
- Experience with consumer research (online surveys, focus groups)
- Comfortable building presentations (Keynote, Google Slides, PowerPoint)
- Experience ideating killer concepts and visual executions
- Ability to jump into a fast-paced work environment and give it their all
- Proficiency working in Adobe Creative suite (Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)—huge plus if you're a savant of After Effects
- A strong portfolio demonstrating creative thinking and design executions
Still interested? Read on for some detailed instructions.
Here’s how it works: Tell us why you would be the best summer intern in either FIVE SLIDES OR FIVE MINUTES. What do we mean by that? Well, that’s up for creative interpretation. The only guidelines are you have to make your case within five presentation slides or five minutes of audio/video (and, you know, be tasteful).
Some examples of what you could include may be:
- What makes you, you
- Why you have a passion for advertising
- Some of your best work
- Point of view on something timely happening in the ad world
- Relevant experiences you’ve had in the past
In order to be considered for this summer’s internship program, you must complete this request. All submissions are due to email@example.com by 5:00 CDT on 4/9.
Make sure your submission email includes:
SUBJECT LINE: [Account Planning or AD/Design] Internship Application
And give us:
- Your name
- Phone number
- College attending and graduation month/year
- Area of interest (e.g. Account Planning)
- Your five slides or five minutes of audio/video
If you’d like to go ahead and include a résumé too, that’s fine, but it’s not required.
Show us what you’ve got and have fun with it!